The Caregiver Alliance of Rhode Island is a group committed to the caregiver needs of families and friends providing long term care at home for children and youth with special needs, adults with developmental disabilities, and elders. ‐ Priority Focus Area Respite
The Caregiver Alliance of Rhode Island holds ongoing meetings currently focus on working on the following areas:
- Respite Delivery & Training
- Policy Recommendations and Advocacy
- Communications/Public Awareness Campaign
- National Family Caregiver Month- November 2013
Find respite care resources for child and adults with disabilities, mental health challenges, and our elders who are aging with special needs.
- Caregiver Alliance of Rhode Island- Respite Care in Rhode Island: A Recommendation Report for the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Rhode Lifespan Respite Care Grantee of the Administration of Community Living
- CareBreaks Respite Program, Diocese of Providence, Office of Community Services and Catholic Charities.CareBreaks is a respite care program helps family caregivers arrange for, and perhaps pay for, a break that may include bringing a volunteer or temporary worker into the home, arranging for your loved one to attend a safe day program, or even placing your loved one in an overnight facility for a short period of time. Family Caregivers caring for loved ones of ages can benefit from respite care. This new program is designed to serve children, adults, and elders of all ages and disabilities.